Wednesday, May 21, 2008

my new ride...



this cat is in the bar a few days ago. during the afternoon. slow day. cold outside. it's just him and me, drinking coffee on either sides of the bar. "hey, do you know anybody who might need a bicycle?," he asks me, "i've got one i'm looking to get rid of..." hmmm. "maybe," i say, "i've actually been thinking of getting a bike since i moved here...." what kind is it? "it's one of those cruisers, you know, a schwinn, blue and cream, with the white on the tires and all that..."

the next day i was at his house. this is my new bike. the perfect vehicle for the summer in beachville. got the basket and everything. fenders. took it into the local bike shop (and when i say local, i mean across the street from my bedroom window, this is a small town after all) for a little tune-up. got it back today.

she's a dream...

No comments: