Thursday, November 1, 2007

the fog...



two nights ago i had a dream about the fog. it's a novella by stephen king that i read, oh, i don't know, 20 or so years ago. i never really liked his novels, at least the two or three that i read, but his books of short stories, i was into them back in my pre-teen days. i always thought the fog should have been made into a movie. i always wondered why it hadn't been, when so many of his other books had. two nights ago, in my dream, i was on the movie set of the fog. now, i'm not sure if i was acting in it, or working as part of the crew, but i was in the grocery store, and it was foggy, and here comes tom cruise walking onto the set in a pair of overalls, the star of the show, ready to shoot a scene. later on that day i was talking to sarah. i told her about my dream. i said, again, "i wonder why they haven't made this into a movie yet," and she said, "maybe they have," and so i said "i'm gonna check on imdb." and there it was. coming out in three weeks. weird, eh?

trailer.

was this one of my psychic dreams? or simple coincidence? or had my subconscious mind picked up on it somehow? maybe i saw a movie poster out of the corner of my eye? maybe i heard somebody talking about it in the background on the subway?

either way, this fog that i've been in for the last few weeks or months, well, it's time it lifted. i'm not sure how i'm going to do this. just start walking, battling whatever beasts lay hidden in the smoke, until i find a clearing? or just just blowing and waving my arms until the mists disperse? pray for me, there are demons, they've been coming for me for a long time, and i've let them, again, get too close. near enough to smell my fear and blood...

No comments: