Monday, February 16, 2009

absu...


got an email a few days ago from my cousin paul, who i haven't seen in close to 15 years:

"Hey man what's going on ? How ya been doing ?

I actually lucked out and got a part in a pretty well established metal band called Absu as the new singer/bassist. Well I do most of the vocals the drummer does some. Anyways I feel pretty lucky and humbled.

But to get to the point were going to be up in Canada this summer and I would be totally stoked beyond belief if any of you and your friends want to pop in to the gigs. I can put as many people on the guest list as you want and I know their will be tons of free booze. Maybe you can tell your brothers to if they are around ? I understand if you guy's can't make it it's a long way off and I know how life is but just thought I would shoot the invite because it would be pretty cool . Bring the ear plugs !

Here's the dates and venues ...

Jun 12 2009 8:00P
The Underground Calgary, Alberta

Jun 13 2009 8:00P
The Exchange Regina, Saskatchewan

Jun 14 2009 8:00P
Royal Albert Arms Winnipeg, Manitoba

Jun 15 2009 8:00P
Wreck Room Toronto, Ontario

Jun 19 2009 8:00P
Petit Campus Montreal, Quebec

And I think the silver paint thing is hilarious. The drummer has been doing it for a while now and I had to do it up for the promo shots. I told him about how the only other time I have seen it done was my cousin hahah. Funny cooincidences.

Later man hope you have a good birthday, a kick ass year, and that shit is going well !

-Paul"

i'm going to go to the gig, despite my fears, it'll be good to see the cuz doing his thing. check the vid:

No comments: